Safety, Quality and Environmental Management
Certificates of Registration
MHL activities are planned and managed in a manner that ensures the health, safety and welfare of its employees, minimises the effects on the environment and supports the principles of sustainability.
To achieve these objectives, MHL:
- manages its integrated Safety, Quality and Environmental Management System as a major strategy in support of this commitment;
- meets legislative requirements, conforms to standards, and utilises national and best international practices;
- follows policies and requirements of the Department of Finance, Services and Innovation;
- establishes clear and measurable Quality and Environmental objectives and targets;
- aims at elimination of work-related injury and illness;
- conducts hazard and risk assessments, and provides risk controls;
- allocates appropriate resources to effectively manage the Integrated Management System;
- provides all staff with skills and awareness training;
- encourages consultation with workers and recognises their excellence in Safety, Quality and Environmental performance;
- requires its sub-contractors to manage the Safety, Quality and impact on the Environment of their services to ensure conformity to MHL requirements;
- regularly reviews, maintains and continually improves Safety, Quality and Environmental management in all aspects of its work.